Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This is leftovers?

Mixed Greens with Smoked Lamb & Spiced Pecans
Well dinner tonight I think can only be described with a quote that Bill Murray used in the movie Caddyshack.

“I have to laugh, because I have out finessed
myself
"I have to laugh, because I have out finessed myself"
Carl Spackler, Assistant Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club

Left with nothing but a seemingly empty refrigerator I was able to turn a handful of mixed greens into a pretty, sexy, Summer salad. Okay, okay, before I hurt my arm patting myself on the back I guess I need to acknowledge that it wasn't like I was dividing bread up for the masses or turning water into wine (Though I did have a glass of 1998 Chateau Reignac).
Beside the greens I had some roasted/smoked leg of lamb that I julienned, a few oven dried tomatoes, some (quickles) and to add some extra crunch I tossed in the spiced pecans I used for appetizers yesterday. A little balsamic dressing and toasted baguette smeared with a triple cream brie (it almost looked like butter) and I would be happy to serve this to company-Bon Appetit

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Thank you for reminding me of that quote. It's been far too long sinced I've watched that movie!

I love leftover salad! I have never had the opportunity to make one with lamb though. Yum. Jealous.

Heather said...

Not too shabby! Not too shabby at all...