Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lavash Crackers


Lavash Crackers
Saturday morning and I am making coffee (Since it's Portland I am drinking Stumptown...Italian Roast, hmmm...maybe I will write about this amazing shop and it's owner Duane Sorenson, but that is another story).
Anyway, I am having a dinner party tomorrow and I want to have some special nibbles for my guest. I have a sh*tload of stuff going on today so I didn't have a ton of time, but I did have 20 minutes to spare.
I had some Lavash (traditional Jewish flatbread) in the refrigerator and so pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees and got down to business.
This is a recipe that you can easily make your own by what you toss on the flatbread before you bake it. Here is my take on Lavash Crackers.

Lavash Crackers

Ingredients
2 Sheets Lavash
Olive Oil
Seasame Seeds (black and white)
Caraway Seeds
Poppy Seeds
Kosher Salt

Directions:
Lightly brush the Lavash with Olive Oil (really lightly),

Toss any of the above seeds or those you want to add to the mix on top of the oiled Lavash.

Cut the Lavash to the desired size and pop into a 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.













Can you say crispy, savory, & delightful?

4 comments:

Heather said...

I can say all three of those words, but I'd rather say, "omfg, you made your own lavash? You are my hero."

Tom Aarons said...

I'm with Heather on this one. You're a legend! :)

Norm Schoen said...

Heather-Well, I made the crackers, the lavash is from Trader Joes.

Tom-Thanks for stopping by, I love your blog-

Brittany said...

Love me some stumptown....

I also love lavash. I'm going to have to make these. Show me the dip!