Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunday Dinner

Nibbles
Last night I had a small dinner party. Among my guests were Heather Arndt Anderson (Gild the Voodoolily) and her husband Scott. This was the first time I had a chance to cook for them so I really wanted things to be special.
Heather took this shot of dinner
All in all I was happy with how dinner turned out. The lamb picked up a subtle smokiness due the the applewood I used. The lentil salad that Heather brought was terrific (what is not to like about a smidge of truffle oil?).
2000 Ch Haut Batailley, 2000 Ch Batailley, 2004 Ch Monbosquet, 2000 Clos l' Eglise, 2000 Ch Reignac
Toss in a some good Bordeaux and you just about have yourself a party. When I bought these wines in future back in 2000 this is exactly what I had in mind. Food and wine are meant to be shared with friends and family. I am glad I have such great friends to share them with.

Here is what was on the menu.


Menu

-Appetizers-
House Cured Olives
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
Spiced Pecans
Antipasti


-Salads-
French Lentils
with Grilled Baby Pattypan & Parsley Vinaigrette
Grilled Asparagus


-Entrée-
Applewood Grilled Leg of Lamb
Lamb studded with garlic and rubbed with sea salt,
tellicherry black pepper
& rosemary-roasted on an applewood fire
with
Oven Dried Tomatoes
&
Cannelli Beans


-Dessert-
Oregon Wild Blackberry Ice Cream

Oregon Wild Blackberry Ice Cream

6 comments:

Heather said...

Norm stretched that shot I took into new lengths! Dinner was fabulous - thank you so much for having us (and sharing that amazing wine).

Norm Schoen said...

Hi Heather-I am glad we could share those Bordeaux wines with you. That group is really generous with their wine (and we usually drink really well)-cheers!

Brittany said...

Fun! Yum!

What can I say? I am so totally wishing I lived Portland so I could crash your party!

Norm Schoen said...

Brittany-make the trek down, I am sure the Portland group could make it worth the trip. Of course you could bring dessert ; )

Alicia Foodycat said...

I have no words. That icecream is enough to make me drool and you did lamb and there was lentil salad as well? And truffle oil? Amazing.

Norm Schoen said...

Foodycat-Heather brought the lentil dish...and it was great! The Ice cream was pretty yummy too..